Title: Senior Software Engineer (Front-End)
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Who we are
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
What we’re going to do
The web has changed a lot since 1996 but how we bootstrap trust on it has not changed much – we are going to fix that.
Who we’re looking for
We are building a small engineering team here in the Seattle area and need a senior developer who is passionate about security and creating beautiful user experiences. In this role you’ll be able to use your experience to help us recruit new team members and build our engineering team to into a powerhouse.
We want someone who feels someone who feels comfortable on both the front- and back-end, who loves learning new stuff, who’s entrepreneurial, a technical leader, a true creative problem solver.
You’ll have experience with security technologies but your background will be focused on building experiences that bridge the gap between user needs and technology requirements. You’ll also have experience building fault-tolerant, high performance, and highly scalable systems.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with one or more server-side languages and frameworks especially Java, Node.js and PHP.
- Experience designing highly interactive web applications with performance, scalability, usability, and security in mind.
- Experience with relational database schema design and queries.
- Experience developing software on Unix/Linux.
- Love your version control (Git preferably).
- Understanding of applied cryptographic concepts such as certificates, certificate chains, key management.
- Understanding of security risks and secure software development.
- Enjoys prototyping and iterating stuff.Bonus points for speaking Japanese.
- 5 years dynamic / scripting language programming, with background in C/C++ systems programming preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of *nix architecture.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly recommended.
- Awesomeness trumps all other requirements.
If this sounds like it could be you, send us a CV and some examples of the work that you’re most proud of.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.