Title: Network and System Specialist
Languages: English, Japanese is a plus.
Who we are
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an up-and-coming system administrator with a passion for security. For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to build and operate a high-availability secure system to power modern web applications
What they will do
- Administration and maintenance of network and system infrastructure including: Maintain service availability, reliability, performance and facilitate incident response
- Network equipment (Routers, Switches , Firewall / IPS).
- Load balancers, proxy Servers and web servers.
- Unix hosts (Redhat) and Databases (SQL).
- Hardening and monitoring of security of hosts and network devices.
- Ensure that the network is operating at optimum performance and with high availability by continually reviewing areas of improvement.Support disaster recovering and business continuity exercises.
- Recommend the optimum or alternative solutions.
- Monitor and maintain service availability.
- Ensure procedures are documented.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
- Follow up on requests, deployments & incidents/issues (including escalation) and ensure proper and timely closure.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot performance, and reliability of all aspects of system.
- Development and deployment of automation of common tasks.
Skills & Experience
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Prior experience maintaining up-to-date operation and procedure documentation.
- Candidate able to work extended hours and weekends
- Required to carry duty Mobile and response to urgent calls
- Strong preference for applicants with experience with PKI and cryptographic key management.
- Preference for experience using virtualization.
- Preference for applicants with experience working in a high-availability environment with %99.999 up-time.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.