Title: Information Technology Manager
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Languages: English and Japanese
Who we are
GlobalSign was formed in 1996 as one of the Internet’s original trust service providers (you probably know us as a Certificate Authority). Over the years we have issued millions of digital certificates that have been used to secure commerce and communication on the Internet. Our solutions take the pain out of using cryptography and help organizations solve complex problems with increased productivity and peace of mind.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a seasoned Information Technology manager with a background in security. For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to report directly to the CTO and build a small team chartered to design, build and manage a global information technology program.
What they will do
- Create a clear technology roadmap connecting vision to technology including setting aggressive but realistic project schedules.
- Identify, evaluate and select new and emerging technologies that can be assimilated within the company and significantly improve competitiveness.
- Hire, manage and train a small team made up of one direct and several remote dotted-line professionals in offices in the United States, United Kingdom and the Philippines.
- Build a team culture where growth is encouraged; you will both train and mentor your team and develop a positive team moral and culture.
- Work closely with global business leaders across the company to direct technological research through awareness of organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Architect, deploy and manage the operation of secure, reliable and cost-effective IT and telephone infrastructure.
- Author and maintain policy, processes and procedures to train staff and ensure the smooth delivery of IT services.
- Regularly report on service availability, reliability and security.
- Participate in disaster recovery and business continuity exercises.
- Contribute technically for all aspects of system management, including troubleshooting when required.
- Perform product and service evaluations to select best products to meet operational and budget requirements. As well as manage vendor relationships and negotiate associated contracts.
- Establish, track and enforc organization, IT, and financial goals and metrics.
Skills & Experience
- At least two years’ experience in lead or management role in a small to medium enterprise.
- MCSE or similar certification is desirable.
- Experience designing, deploying and managing Active Directory and DNS in a global environment.
- Experience designing, deploying and managing secure network infrastructure including 802.1x, RADIUS, VLANs, Firewalls and remote access.
- Experience with Anti-Virus, Back-Up and Security Suites.
- Required to carry duty mobile and response to urgent calls.
- Occasional travel to international offices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Preference for experience using virtualization.
- Strong preference for applicants with experience with security.
GlobalSign is an equal opportunity employer with locations all over the world. Aside from being a great place to work we offer an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and a generous time off and holiday schedule.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status; medical condition, disability; or any other legally protected status.
Patch Management, Antivirus, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, AD, DNS, RADIUS, 802.1x, EAP, VPN, IPSEC, Active Directory, Smart Cards, Two Factor Login, Windows, Unix, Linux, Antivirus, Active Directory